Tuesday, May 6, 2008

But I'm already home!

Wow what a crazy peak into my future life. This morning I was planning on sleeping in, I even set my alarm for 8am. Sadly it appears my body knew me better and woke up bright and shiny early at 6am! I tried to force it back but no go. I had asked about a community pool at the front desk before I went to bed and my body was like, 'pool? there's a pool? You should get up and get into the pool' so I listened and WOW what a nice pool. Crystal Pool in Vic is THE Tri pool. I was swimming next to TWO tri groups and at 7:30 the pros that live in town got in. It was mad crazy. Sadly no Peter Reid but those guys were rock star fast!

I went for breakfast with a friend's friend who will hopefully become my friend. She took me on a tour of the city and pointed out good neighbourhoods and such. I went to pick up my rental car for 24 hours and take myself out on the crazy roads of Vic. Turns out its not that bad. I found all the bike shops I could to introduce myself and find out about group rides and tri groups. I went to Frontrunners the best running store on the island and introduced myself to a multiple time IM'er. Killer resource! I'm feeling like moving here isn't as scary as it seemed and I'll be all set once the (flippin') condo sells.

It's weird to think about going back to Calgary, this feels like home already ands it's only been a few days. A girl in one of the bike shops today said 'you're from Calgary? Victoria is like taking out all the crappy out of Calgary, you're going to love it' Here's hopin'!

7 comments:

Keith said...

Hey, I've swum in Crystal Pool! It's awesome, I'd swim there all the time if I could. And you're right, the swim people there are friendly. I'd got into the wrong lane as they were warming up. They said I was welcome to stay and work out with them, but their warm up pace was faster than my max pace. And if the ladies change room is as nice as the guys I can see you wanting to live within walking distance.

We've taken several vacations in Victoria, and it's a nice place. Just a few too many geezers there for my taste, but since I'm almost there anyway who am I to point the finger?

Go eat breakfast/lunch at Papa Johns. You can thank me later.

Susi said...

that's it. i'm moving with you!

Jenna said...

me too...get a big condo!!

Julie said...

Make room for me!! It sounds like you were truly meant to be there! :) :)

All these new friends just waiting to be discovered, It's going to be awesome being around so many people with similar interests!! :) :):)

Alan Keller said...

Don't know ya, but I am clean and quiet...don't ask Jenn about me though...

Charlie Browne said...

heck you have to go to the blue fox for breakfast anytime of day...if it is on sunday go about 2 p.m. or be prepared to wait in line!! Just get a really big place and be prepared to meet all your new friends!!

Shannon Wicks said...

I know where I am crashing when we come to visit Vic.

Good to hear things are going to work out great for you and I sincerely wish you the best.