Friday, May 2, 2008

Business Friday... again...

First yesterday's run went well. I was wearing my Cancervive tech shirt and was stopped by my teammates husband! It was nice to run and chat with him for a bit. I went for being a strictly solo runner to chatting away at a nice zone two.

My calf is still stupidly tight. A few weeks ago my massuse told me it was too tight and I needed to start stretching it. So I got into the habit of taking the stairs up to my condo and stretching everytime. I think I angered it? No matter what I do it just won't release. Syl at TCR said she's got time for a treatment today so I'm going to zip over there and have her work on it.

First I have to mention that the new session of swim started this week and wholly hanna there is nothing but man candy. Yeah I said it. We look too. But back to the swim.
300m warm up
400m 25 breast pull (like just arms, like I'm go glad I chopped off all my hair because I couldn't hold up a hair dryer after that)
25 fist
400m 25m doggie paddle (which is never as much fun as it sounds! Man those dogs work hard)
25m DPS
10 x 100m DPS take off one stroke per 25
10 x 50m fast DPS
200m scull sitting on the board.

Syl told me that when I was come in on my stroke (reaching out) I was dropping my elbow. She said to reach and pull through like two people are facing each other and trying to pull in the blueberries. If you drop your elbow then you get less blueberries. (Ok how many of you put out your arm try to figure out what I'm talking about?) It was a great visual and gave me a tonne more power on my stroke. It's crazy how simple things like that make all the difference. Also, then I was hungry for the rest of the workout.

6 comments:

Jenna said...

i am left sitting here thinking about blue berries and man candy ..... i think you said something about swimming....

Keith said...

Are they "man candy" because they come in little wrappers?

Susi said...

man candy?! at our pool?! i am SO switching my swim days now!!! i assume there is enough to be split between us single gals?! tee hee.

Julie said...

I am totally with Jenna here -- man candy and then something about blueberries. I think I would stop my workout and just stare because of the novelty of the whole thing. I have never seen anyone other than women and oldies in my pool!! LOL!!

Sounds like you had a great swim workout!! :) :)

bubba said...

Ok, I missed the part about the man candy but I did visualize the blueberries though. Good luck with the run this weekend!!

Shannon Wicks said...

LOL Keith