Sunday, December 21, 2008

Day #3

I love to sleep. I love naps and sleeping in. But I have a hard time going to bed early. I wish I could be one of those people who wake up bright and early (Julie) by choice, be productive, make a nice breakfast. But nope I rollover thinking ahh sweet sweet pillows. I think becoming a grown up means waking up before the alarm.


Here is an interesting news story on orthorexia. An mental disorter that is persuing good health to dangerous extreams.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=5739648

It makes me think of the scene in Notting Hill where he meet a girl and she says she's a fruitatarian. (Believes that fruit and veggis are murdered when pulled off the bush/out of the ground)

4 comments:

Keith said...

This gets me going on a bunch of topics, but I'll try not to take over the comment page. For all but the last few dozen years in a few select places on earth, the most important attribute about food, overwhelmingly so, was it's availability. People ate what they had on hand. People are one of the critters that can and do eat just about anything they can grow or catch. Doing anything else tended to be a life-limiting attitude.

The clip reminded me of a character in 'Coupling' that said she was a bi-vegetarian.

Julie said...

Oh Man -- I'm munching away on Turtles while I was watching this. LOL!!

Jenna said...

Kelsey - i am with you. Roll over and sleep more but sometimes, something happens and i can get out of bed, and I do wake without it being a torturous thing... but gorw up - who wants to???

Keith said...

You sleepers are so lucky. If I get six hours good sleep, I'm doing good, then I have to get out bed for a while.