Thursday, December 4, 2008

Jenna the beautiful

I have to race to work but I'll be doing my pushups later tonight. I'm loving this challenge, I can't wait to be able to do 100 pushups. Thanks Jenna for getting all of us excited with a new challenge!

My third term starts on Monday I think it's gonna be a doozy! Between work and school it's going to get busier then that term but I"m really enjoying my wok at MEC, this week I have kayaking lessons! I have access to the kayaks down in the harbour anytime I want! Plus the gear closet, we can borrow whatever we want! The great thing about being there is how inspired I feel working there, it's really making me feel like I have to get outside!

My goals for next term are
1. Meet up with my classmate friend Teresa at 8:30 every morning to get a head start on the assignments.
2. Start biking to school once or twice a week (20 km each way) By January be ready to bike all four days a week.
(now if you combine both of those it means that I'll be leaving for school at 7:30 ouch, rough life for a student who's in the habit of watching The Hour at 11:30 every night!!)
3. Join the Masters Swim group at YMCA which means 2 swim mornings a week (which means getting up at 5:30 two mornings a week, double ouchy)

I know most of you have a coach and all that but Chucky V has posted a winter workout on his blog. also for anyone who signs on you get all the advice and help you want from him!

3 comments:

Keith said...

You've done it again. Open, unfrozen water. sigh. Biking to work. And I know it, just totally know it, you're going to post a picture of tulips (or whatever) coming up in February. It was about -15 C here last night and this morning, and colder with the wind chill. Not complaining, just telling you. :-)

Julie said...

Nice to see a new post! That is exciting news about kayaking lessons and free access to all that gear -- what a cool job!

I checked out your link to that dude's site, and it looks awesome. You are going to be back in whipped and ripped shape in no time. :) :)

I'm loving this push up challenge as well -- although I crapped out during last night's set. At the very least, some push ups are better than no push ups, right? :) :)

Shannon Wicks said...

Yeah, nice to see a new post. We better see another one today!!!