Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Here's my Sharkie!

I woke up this morning in a panic because I thought I slept through my alarm and was UBER late for swim. I was frantically brushing my teeth when I realized it was 5:45 and I was on time. I was walking in thinking about Shannon's tip about stating the goal of the workout before. I thought today I'm going to focus on my technique and push it harder. I'm feeling rested and ready. Then thanks to Greg's new music blog I got Kanye West Stronger stuck in my head and I don't even like hip-hop! I'm convienced that Greg has implanted some sort of secret message in the music and is determined to turn me into a triathlete! (Sidebar: I told him on Sunday someone asked me how I became a tri-geek and I said I was a roadie with a tri problem) I'm wise to your tricks Bradley!

Anyway. out set this morning looked something like this

400m warm up
10 set of 25m build and 25 backstroke

Main Set
6 set of 50 drill, 50 free
200m tempo

The main set THREE times before a minute break so 800m straight then a break!!!

It was half way through the first set that my Sharkie came to visit. (Keith if your still looking for yours I think you'll find it at the YWCA) It was the start of the next swim lessons so there were some newbies in the pool. A new guy joined our lane and was pretty cocky off the start, wrong day to come up against my Sharkie! He pushed off first and Sharkie saw those toes and when after them.

1 comment:

Susi said...

chomp, chomp, chomp....i can hear the music from jaws playing now!